Originally launched in 2003, WordPress has become perhaps the most popular content management system (CMS) in the world. Today, WordPress is used by more than 74 million sites that publish new posts every second. No matter the size of the blog that is using WordPress. This widely used CMS has become a favorite among businesses because of how powerful of a tool it is. Check out the following 20 reasons why your business should switch to WordPress and you’ll see why.
1. free. Whether you’re a blogger or just launching a new online business, the fact that WordPress is 100 percent free is extremely beneficial. WordPress is also open source. This means that you can improve or alter the source code to create the right site for your needs.
2. Flexible. No matter what you’re using WordPress for – whether as a personal blog or to a popular eCommerce site, WordPress is versatile enough to meet any and all of your needs through its extensive features and extensions.
3. SEO friendly. The most popular search engines actually prefer sites that are powered by WordPress because its framework is easy to crawl.
4. Safe and secure. Since WordPress is such a popular CMS, it shouldn’t be surprising that it’s a target for hackers. However, WordPress takes the security of its users very seriously. While you can practice some basic security measures, such as not downloading a theme or plugin from an untrusted site, WordPress constantly updates its software to prevent attacks.
5. Customizable. Because of the thousands of plugins and themes that WordPress has offer, with just one click of a button you can customize your site to appear and function as you would like.
6. Easy to use. Another great perk of using WordPress is how easy it is to use. The platform is user-friendly, intuitive and easy to learn.
7.Support. This is in part to the extensive WordPress community where you can troubleshoot any question or concern through the WordPress Forums.
8. Mobile friendly. It’s more important than ever for a website to be mobile friendly to accommodate smartphones and tablets. With WordPress, however, you don’t have to be concerned over that. It’s already mobile friendly.
9. Integration. WordPress integrates with some of the most powerful platforms available to give your business that additional boost. Need to launch an email campaign? You can use a service like Aweber or MailChimp. Want to get paid for a product or service? WordPress can work with some of the most popular payment gateways in the world.
10. Easy to manage. As mentioned earlier, WordPress is equipped with a built-in updater for security purposes. However, WordPress also notifies you whenever there are updates for your themes and plugins. This makes managing your WordPress site a breeze, since you’ll always be current on the latest updates. That will keep your site safe and fresh.
11. More than just a blog. While WordPress earned its reputation as a great blogging platform that can be inserted into an existing website, WordPress itself can be used as a website. Because WordPress contains a post and page structure, you can have daily blog posts, as well as static pages – such as your Contact ,services and About pages.
12.Community. Whether it’s by sharing your blog posts on social media networks or by communicating with visitors in the comments section, WordPress has the features and plugins to make the establishment of a community convenient and easy.
13. Saves you money. WordPress is a free software. However, that’s not the only area where you’ll save money.
14. Ecommerce solutions. By using plugins like WooCommerce, WP eCommerce or Shopp you can easily begin to make money online.
15. Keeps your site looking fresh. Whether you need to update your theme because you’ve had it for too long or you’re looking to take advantage of something like the holiday season, there are thousands of free themes to choose from. By doing this you’re keeping the appearance of your WordPress site fresh for your customers.
16. Used as a membership service. If you want to continue to grow a loyal fan base, and maybe even make some additional income, then you can convert WordPress into a full-fledged membership site. When you create an exclusive membership site you’re providing members exclusive content they will find useful.
17. Schedule posts. If you have discovered that the most traffic comes to your site between 10pm to 1pm on weekdays, then you could schedule posts around that time.
18. Multi-user capability. WordPress is aware of this and has made it easy for you to assign different roles for different individuals.
19. Add testimonials. You can add this effective technique by installing a plugin like Easy Testimonials or the Testimonials Widget.
20. Publish content with one-click. Have you just written an article or blog post that you need to publish immediately? No problem. After creating your content, you can publish it with just the click of one-button.
WordPress can be one of the best platforms for your business. Ever since I switch my personal and business sites to WordPress a couple years ago I have found out how powerful it can be. You can do literally everything with WordPress. I highly recommend that you switch today!