Bounce Rate is the percentage of visitors to a particular website who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page.
When you visit a website, is there something that causes you to immediately leave a site.
Here are some basic tips that can help you to reduce the bounce rate.
- If the content of the site does not match the expectations then it will increase the bounce rate.
- Poor informational architecture and confusing navigation.
- A huge pop-up that covers the whole text area that doesn’t have an easy to get to close button before I even started reading the article.
- A large amount of ads in the content area makes us think that this is not a high-quality website
- Auto-play videos, or video ads on the side
- Asking me to sign-up for no reason
- Taking too much time to load up
- Re-appearing pop-ups that re-pop every time I close them
- Animated blinking ads
- unreadable poorly formatted text
- Slow sites which are also not optimized for mobile devices.
- Sites that promise something in their ads/ social links that take users to them but are in reality something different or not up to the mark or expectations.
- Having to give my email address in exchange for something that is normally given away for free (like a PDF or a 5 page “ebook” disguised as a PDF)
- A bad web design: Design is more important that ever these days. UI/UX factor is more valuable than the links if you want to beat your competitors and wanted to get top ranks, then UI/UX is your best choice. you can hire amazing designers to work with you (At thinkcode, we help you for the better UI/UX)
- No clear selling point.
Hope above mentioned points will help you to reduce bounce rate of the website.